Heidi Y. Granke, AIA, Principal
Ms. Granke has over 24 years of experience on a wide variety of projects including design, planning, historic preservation, and condition assessments. Her keen organizational skills allow her to manage complex projects and clients effectively. She has genuine enthusiasm for architecture and preservation, which is evident in her work. Ms. Granke brings an honest, straight forward approach to solving her client needs. Always keeping the big picture in view, she is very detailed and thorough.
Ms. Granke has continually contributed to her community through volunteer activities: serving on her neighborhood board, doing pro-bono work, and being involved in her church and other non-profit organizations. She has been an active member of the American Institute of Architects, serving on numerous committees at the local, regional and national level. She is currently serving as a Director of the Northeast Illinois Chapter of the AIA and on the Elmhurst Historic Preservation Commission.
She shares her passion for architecture by mentoring high school and college students. As a former adjunct professor at the University of Oregon and as an NCARB IDP supervisor and mentor, she is dedicated to training the next generation. Her commitment to life long learning is evident in her active participation in continuing education programs. She has organized over 50 AIA CES continuing education classes. She has spoken at several state and national AIA conventions.
Licenses and Certificates
- Licensed Architect in Minnesota, Oregon, California, Illinois, Oklahoma
- Certified Interior Designer (CID) in Minnesota
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional with Specialty in Building Design and Construction (LEED AP BD+C)
- Meets the Secretary of the Interiors Professional Standards for Architecture, Historic Architecture and History.
- National Council of Architecture Registration Boards (NCARB) Certified
- Bachelor of Architecture - Andrews University
- Master of Science in Historic Preservation - University of Oregon
- American Institute of Architects - National, Illinois, and Northeast Illinois (AIA NEI Board of Directors)
- National Trust for Historic Preservation - Forum Member
- The Association for Preservation Technology International
- The Association for Preservation Technology Western Great Lakes Chapter
- International Facilities Management Association - Northern Illinois
- Illinois Green Alliance (formerly United States Green Building Council - Illinois)
- Landmarks Illinois
- Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS)
- Elmhurst Centre for the Performing Arts
- Elmhurst Historic Preservation Commission
- Chicago Suburban Historic Preservation Alliance